Talent Management Consultancy is a recruitment and educational consulting firm that specializes in sourcing and recruitment of talents to organizations in the Gulf and African regions. We also assist students in getting admission to esteemed universities worldwide.
To guide our client real estate business into the future with planned growth ensuring that all stated objectives, aims and targets are met and lead to the overall company and group goal. This is a busy role particularly as it encompasses a wide variety of operational areas including Legal, Finance, Administration, Human Resources, Facilities and Marketing. As well as managing day-to-day activities in these areas, the General Manager is expected to make a positive, pro-active contribution to strategic planning and policy implementation for the whole business.
Responsible for achieving its objectives and financial targets through Sales & Leasing, Property & Facility teams.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the Director of Real Estate & Investments, create and implement an annual overall strategic development plan, take primary responsibility for development of budgets throughout the Client’s business, create an annual forecast plan of Client’s financial growth projection and ensure that they are met as per timelines.
- In conjunction with the Group Head of Finance and Accounts, develop/ suggest improvement to processes and policies in the Finance department for the Client.
- Develop commission structures and targets for the sales and leasing team, ensure accurate and timely completion of financial reports for submission to CEO and Executive Director.
- In conjunction with Group Head of Human Resources, ensure that all Group Human Resources policies and procedures are being adhered to and practiced, draw up the manpower budget, prepare/ update job descriptions, implement Group HR Disciplinary Policy and Procedure wherever required etc.
- Liaison with the Head of IT on all IT matters pertaining to the business and provide accurate business requirements.
- In conjunction with Marketing/ IT department work to improve, develop and update business website.
- Promote the business through various marketing channels and communications in-conjunction with the Marketing department.
- Ensure internal policy is in-line with Group policy and reviewed annually.
- Oversee the functioning of the Property & Facility Management teams, Sales & Leasing Team and ensure that all property management fees, sales revenue, ancillary charges etc are billed and collected in a timely manner .
- Ensure property management database software is accurate and up to date at all times.
- Ensure that internal teams responds promptly to requests.
- Regularly monitor service delivery of all contractors; internal and external.
- Oversee, develop and review the procedural manual for all administrative tasks periodically.
- Review and approve petty cash expenditure, accounts payable invoices and ensure payment in accordance with terms.
- Review & approve procurement orders and other sundry supplies as required encouraging payments on credit via bank transfers/ cheques, keeping cash transactions to the minimum.
- Keep up to date with legislation and demonstrate an awareness of approaching changes.
- Pre-empt legislation issues, which may affect the properties under our management/supervision ensuring that the team members and clients share this knowledge.
- Keep up date to date with property market activities locally and internationally.
- Seek out new opportunities and gaps in the market by developing new business and generate new revenue streams.
- Proactively develop service levels across the business to exceed client expectations, advising clients of management set-up.
- Manage effective feedback mechanisms for all clients and lessees and regularly take proactive steps to improve client/lessee/agent relationships.
- Monitor, measure and report on organizational development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescale.
- Prepare and submit quarterly report on general business progress and developments to the Executive Director.
- Proactively anticipate areas of conflict within the business. Take appropriate action to avoid/ address any areas identified.
- Manage staff and property insurance accounts.
- Ensure that third party suppliers and contractors are insured and licensed.
- Visit properties within the portfolio as necessary and in accordance with service standards in the management agreement.
- Ensure all Mirage (managed) premises are regularly assessed and appraised.
- Manage and secure all business assets within all of Client’s business premises.
- Act as “ambassador” for Client’s Property within wider Qatar community.
- Carry out risk assessments at the work place and all Client’s business premises and facilities.
- Ensure that best practices are developed and implemented at the workplace.
- Conduct biannual staff appraisals and performance review and report feedback to Human Resources at Head Office.
- Provide In-house training sessions for agents to improve sales techniques.
- Supervise and motivate all department staff, including accounts, administration and caretaking team.
- Encourage open lines of communication and reporting culture.
- Conduct regular team meetings with the aim of discussing problems, agreeing solutions and exchanging information.
- To carry out any other duties and responsibilities assigned by the CEO/ ED/ DRESP
- Any other duties / responsibilities as assigned time to time based on business requirements.
- Knowledge of property management, financial strategy and consultancy
- Knowledge of business management and administration
- Knowledge of real estate marketing
- Knowledge of human resource administration and supervision
- Ability to develop and implement policies and procedures
- Solid commercial awareness
- Ability to read and understand lease agreements and contracts
- Effective written, verbal and listening communications skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Negotiation skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Good judgment and decision making skills
- Conflict management and resolution
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team management and building skills
- Ability to appraise and organizational skills
- Time management and multitasking skills
- Customer service orientation
Experience & Qualification:
- More than 12 years of experience in property management, sales, leasing and facilities management.
- A relevant diploma or degree from an accredited institution or professional qualifications is preferred.
- A high standard of written and spoken English is a must.
- Willing to relocate to Doha, Qatar when selected.
Salary & Perks:
- Open for Discussion
- As per Qatar Law